2 tsp salt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
2 large eggplants
1 cup cooked brown rice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 large carrot
1 sweet potato, peeled
1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
1 T olive oil
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Cut eggplants in half, lengthwise. Using a spoon, carve out insides of eggplant, reserving 3/4 of the eggplant meat. Sprinkle gutted eggplants with 2 tsp salt and set aside in a large baking dish.
2. Mix together 1 tsp salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder.
3. Cut up eggplant meat into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
4. Shred carrot and sweet potato into eggplant mixture, using a grater or food processor.
5. Add garlic, rice, cheese and spice mixture to eggplant, carrot and sweet potato.
6. Fill each eggplant half with mixture. Sprinkle with olive oil and place in oven. Cook for 30 minutes or until eggplant is softened and slightly browned.
7. Top with fresh parsley and serve.