Sunday, February 1, 2015

Mango Avocado Dipping Good


Ingredients:
5 avocados, mashed (or use hand processor or chopper*)
1/2 red onion, diced
1 mango chopped in large chunks
1 jalapeƱo pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Juice from 1 small lime
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tsp hot sauce (optional, but I highly recommend it)

Directions:
Mix it all together.  It's that simple.  I topped my dish with a couple of lime and mango slices and a little sprig of cilantro for show.  Don't expect the "presentation" to last after the first dip. 

Makes approximately 3 cups.  Serve with your favorite tortilla or pita chips.

*I have one of those hand cranked food processors that I picked up at a cooking demo somewhere along the line.  This thing makes the absolute best guacamole and salsa.  You just put everything in at once and start to crank the handle.  It doesn't pulverize the ingredients and you don't get the over-juiced results that an automatic processor will produce.  It also takes literally seconds to blend and process all the ingredients.  

My handheld processor is so old that the logo is rubbed off the side, and I don't remember what brand it is.  This looks somewhat like mine.  If you ever see one, I highly recommend picking it up.

Dietary Considerations:
Nothing to adjust here!
  • Vegan Friendly
  • Dairy Free
  • Gluten Free








No comments:

Post a Comment